Monday, December 8, 2008

Whew!

I don't like to post often about "not posting."  In my first year of blogging, I wrote quite a few times about why I wasn't writing.  I quickly learned that if I had time to write about not writing, I had time to write about something more interesting. 

But here I am falling back on bad habits.  I was really getting a good blogging rhythm going.  Usually I fall out of the rhythm for lack of focus.  This time, I fell out due to over focus.  Let me try to explain.  For the last 3+ years that I have been keeping a weblog (first willatgrace.blogspot.com and now this one) I tended to post in down time.  Those down times consisted of times I was waiting for someone or something or my brain needed a break from something else I was working on.  Recently, in light of an increasingly heavy workload, I reworked my organizational system to reduce downtime.  Through better tracking of my time and keeping a list of projects that can be worked on during downtime, I am working more efficiently and getting more down.  However, one of the casualties has been something that depends on downtime: the weblog.  So, because I believe this space is important, I am going to try to make it intentional and even carve out some time to work on it.

I hope you will keep checking back.

peace,

will

p.s. by the way, the weblog has a new address.  You can still reach it the old way but you can also find me at www.willubeadisciple.com
blog comments powered by Disqus