Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Living Better Through Technology

As a part of the CCBlogs network of The Christian Century I have been either consciously or unconsciously trying to raise the level of my weblog postings. However, that may be causing me to curtail a staple of the weblog, random observations of the world I live in. So, let's get back to normal.

Google, in their continuing effort to make the web a better place (and take over the world) has been adding new features to their web-based email service, Gmail. My new favorite feature is called "Mail Goggles." You can read about the feature here: Google tool to keep emails sober. The tool is intended to help you avoid any late night, regrettable emails by asking you to solve five math problems before it will send your mail. You can adjust the filter to kick in at days and times you are more likely to send and unfortunate email to your boss, girlfriend or other recipient.

I am taking my chances and leaving the filter off. However, I have asked Google to work on one more feature. There are a few people in my life that I would like to require to solve a few math problems before they can email me. I will let you know when it is available.

peace,

will
blog comments powered by Disqus