Wednesday, August 13, 2008

University for Life


The blog has been a little sparse over the last couple of weeks and there is a good reason for it. Here at University we are about to launch a sermon series that will outline an amazing new comprehensive discipleship system. When I first became a Christian ten years ago, I immediately wanted to go deeper. I wanted to be more than a church member, I wanted to be a disciple. When I asked people how to become a disciple, I got a lot of quizzical looks and shrugging of shoulders. I also got a laundry list of recommendations: join the choir, take this Bible study, teach Sunday school, join a committee. While through the power of the Holy Spirit, doing some of those things led me to a deeper level of discipleship, I have become convinced that if we are to live up to our mission of making disciples of Jesus Christ, we ought to be clear about some of the beginning steps one can take. At University we believe that this, at the very least, means that people need to have a Jesus meeting, learn the Jesus message and learn about their own Jesus mission. University for Life outlines this journey. At the same time, we will be rolling out our core curriculum, the basic options for people who wish to engage in the journey of discipleship. People will have a choice of three options at each stage of the journey (meeting, message and mission): a Bible study, a small group or an immersion event.

You can read more about University for Life in this month's Encourager magazine:

The U - The Encourager - August 2008

I can't tell you how excited I am about the launch of U for Life and the core curriculum. For me, this has been a vision and passion for a long time. The idea of a comprehensive discipleship system is what led me to University and I am thrilled to watch it roll out and anticipating Spirit filled results.

If you have any questions about University for Life, I would love you to post them here so I can answer them for all the readers.

peace,

will
blog comments powered by Disqus